WPG Jets GM Goalie help...

Discussion in 'GM Mode/Live The Life' started by Jareski, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Jareski

Jareski Rookie 2

Before I get into the meat of my post, this is my first post here. So hello. I hope to be able to contribute meaningful discussion to these forums. I'm a Jets fan first and foremost, with the Leafs and Sens having a soft spot in my heart. At the end of the day, I will wave any Canadian NHL team's flag. I'm just as happy watching the Ducks beat the Rangers as I am the Rangers beating the Panthers. I just love hockey.

So I'm into the playoffs of the 2018-19 season, and I've got 5 goalies as a part of the Jets/Moose organization:

Hellebuyck 87 overall Med Starter
    Comrie 83 overall Med Starter
    Tarasov 79 overall Med Elite

Hutchinson81overall ExactFringeStarter
    Stalock 79 overall ExactFringeStarter

I'm planning to send Comrie down to help Hutch with the Moose. Tarsov was drafted with my first pick and has a very high trade value, So i was thinking of either playing him a year or two in the AHL before calling him up or just have him back up Hellebuyck in the NHL, not sure where he'll develop faster.

Stalock will probably end up being a scratch.

Tarasov I'm assuming could reach low 90s overall as long as I develop correctly.

Goalies is my only real situation currently. Defense will get complicated in another 3 or 6 seasons since Buff and possibly Myers will be looking at retirement. But I've drawn in Connor Carrick and Noah Hannifin to take their place along with Trouba and Morrisey.

So yeah. #goalieproblems

2. Nucks101

Nucks101 Rookie 2

Hellebuyck: Keep him. He is almost to his growth point so he will stay 87 Overall. Trade him for another goalie if you want to. It's optional if you want to trade Hellebuyck but I don't suggest it tho.

Hutchinson: He is pretty old although you can keep him if you want to. If I were you I would trade for him and see if the is a decent young goalie in the free agents to replace Hutchinson.

Tarasov: If he is in the CHL keep him in there for one year. If not split ice time with Tarasov and Hutchinson. He will be ready to replace goaltending for Hutchinson next year. Make sure to develop Tarasov correctly. If you feel like it you can put Tarasov in the NHL as a backup but i highly suggest you to not put him as a backup in the NHL, Put him as a starter in the AHL. He'll grow faster.

Stalock: Can't say much here. Trade him for a pick (4th 5th 6th or 7th would go through, not sure about 3rd though.) or keep him for a backup if Hutchinson, Tarasov, or one of your AHL goalies go down via injury. This one is optional. It's either trade or keep. Hope GM Mode goes well! -Nucks101:van

3. Patrick Roy

Patrick Roy Rookie 2

Trade Hutchinson (and someone/something else if needed) for Matt Murray.

4. Nucks101

Nucks101 Rookie 2

Hutchinson doesen't have enough trade value so he would have to add a draft pick or a player with a decent trade value where Matt Murray is a MED elite. Honestly Hellebuyck and Murray wouldn't work out because they are in the same roles so they would lose morale. Maybe Hellebuyck and a draft pick or player with some trade value for Murray may work. But from what I've seen in Franchise mode is that Murray lets in some of the softest goals. Yeah a 86 OVR MED elite would do that. CRAZY :wow

5. Jareski

Jareski Rookie 2

I traded stalock to Pittsburgh for a 6th round pick in 2020. Tarasov is now my
    AHL starter with hutch to back him up.

6. MesseJiller

MesseJiller Rookie 2

Draft Jesse Milman. He's got very good potential. I got him and and kevin ma in the same year. With one year, they were above 90 overall.

7. kyleivany

kyleivany Pro 2

Millman is awful he can't save a gold ball

8. Jareski

Jareski Rookie 2

I think I'm basically planning to stick with Hellebuyck as my NHL starter until Tarasov is ready.

So it's looking like:

Hellebuyck
    Comrie

Tarasov
    Hutchinson

For now.

9. Nucks101

Nucks101 Rookie 2

Thanks for listening to the guide! You will see that Tarasov will grow. The MED elite is a easy winner. He will become a great starting elite goalie for you. I see that AHL goalies usually never get injured so you wouldn't really need stalock.

10. Jareski

Jareski Rookie 2

Thanks for the advice. I didn't realize I was paying Stalock 890k a year to be a healthy AHL scratch. Oops.

11. Jareski

Jareski Rookie 2

So just a little update for those that care. I'm not sure how many people enjoy these little GM mode updates but I find them interesting when others post them so there must be at least one who likes reading these. Lol.

Anyways, my goalie situation is this:

NHL
    Hellebuyck ovr88 age26 medstarter
    Comrie ovr84 age24 medstarter

AHL
    Tarasov over82 age21 medelite
    Hutchinsonovr 80 age28 exactfringestr

I'd say I'm almost bulletproof when it comes to Goalies. My focus currently shifts to defense, as I traded Buff to the Ducks in exchange for Cogliano, Hampus Lindholm and i think I got a couple second round picks as well. 2023 and 2024 if I'm not mistaken. Needed the space for more offense. Wasn't enough money with Buff's expensive contract.