Pro Wrestling Wrestlemania 33 Predictions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Hanburglar, Jan 12, 2017.

1. The Hanburglar

The Hanburglar Superstar 2

It's the road to Wrestlemania, and after the stellar year WWE has had wrestling wise, I think it's safe to there are some good feelings heading into this year's Wrestlemania. And, who doesn't love predictions? So, you pretty much put two and two together cause I will be sharing my Wrestlemania 33 predictions as of January 12, 2017. Will it be perfect, of course not (though if it is, I wouldn't be mad). But of course, not everyone will like my predictions which is why you are free to make your own in this thread or somewhere else, or not at all. Without further ado, here are my predictions for Mania 33.

Note: I will not include match stipulations (except for one)

Pre Show

1. Mickie James (c) vs Becky Lynch vs Alex Bliss vs Nikki Bella vs Carmella vs Natalya - Smackdown Women's Championship
    Winner: Becky Lynch
    So, I have reason to believe La Luchadora is Mickie James, though I could be wrong. Anyways, we are probably heading into a program with Mickie and Becky, likely something along the line of past vs present. I think at some point soon they will put the Smackdown Women's title on Mickie in some multi women match as a way to legitimize the title (since Mikie is a former Women's champ in case you didn't know). Rather than having a 1v1 between James and Lynch, I didn't want to just shove Alexa Bliss or the other women out of the SD Women's picture. So, this will just be a standard 6 pack challenge again, with Becky coming out on top and getting a mini mania moment.

2. Neville (c) vs Jack Gallagher - Cruiserweight Championship
    Winner: Neville
    Jack Gallagher seems like the next the next opponent for the Cruiserweight title as he is the most over guy in the division. I chose to have Neville win however, so he could have a lengthy reign with the title and establish himself as the most dominate cruiserweight on the roster. Don't worry guys, Jack Gallagher's time will come.

3. Sheamus and Cesaro (c) vs The Club - Raw Tag Team Championships
    Winner: The Club
    The Club wasn't exactly treated well in 2016 and have been long overdue for a Tag Team title reign. For them to have a Wrestlemania moment is a dream for some NJPW fans, but I see two problems. One, heels don't typically get a Mania moment, and two there really isn't much room on the main card imo. However the second problem may actually benefit The Club as, who's really going to be upset over a pre show match? So, give The Club a Raw Tag Team Title reign. My only concern is having the Tag Titles relegated to pre show/no show status. But, give it some time because with the NXT tag team division is, we may have a Tag Team Revolution in our future.

Main Card

1. Dean Ambrose (c) vs Baron Crobin vs The Miz vs Dolph Ziggler vs Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt vs Kalisto - Intercontenental Championship Ladder Match
    Winner: Dolph Ziggler
    There are lot of feuds that look interesting on Smackdown right, but the hard reality is, not all of them are going to be able to get a Wrestlemania match. I think not only does a multi man match help expand on these feuds, but the IC title as well (also, the last two years featured a ladder match for the IC title, seems like a yearly thing now). You can tackle a lot of stories in this match. Corbin's main event rise, Miz vs Ambrose, the fall of the Wyatt Family etc. This match feels important cause you got Main Eventers like Ambrose and Orton there. The match istelf is unpredictable cause it can go any way. However, my pick is Ziggler cause his heel turn can feel more important now that he's able to win the big one. I think the chage in character is just what Ziggler needs to stay in the Main Event picture.

2. ARMBAR - Participants Include: Kane, Luke Harper, Apollo Crews, Rusev, Darren Young, Titus O'Neil, Tyler Breeze, Fandango, Konnor, Viktor, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, R-Truth, Goldust, Primo, Epico, Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods, Big E, Mojo Rawley, Simon Gotch, Aiden English, Chad Gable, Jason Jordon, Big Cass, Enzo Amore, Jack Swagger, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, Sami Zayn and Mark Henry
    Winner: Sami Zayn
    Alright, I will be surprised if I predict all the Battle Royal participants. The Trophy is meant to give someone a push right? So, give it to Zayn. He beat 30 people to win, it's and underdog story that writes itself. Have eliminate a big guy like Rusev last to make it all the more better.

3. Chris Jericho (c) vs Kevin Owens - United States Championship
    Winner: Kevin Owens
    This happens is KO loses his Uniersal title,we get the real Jericho/Owens fallout and KO want Jericho's title. Jericho puts over a future star, maybe Owens becomes a badass again. All is good.

4. Triple H vs Seth Rollins
    Winner: Seth Rollins
    Student vs Teacher, this match I'm 90% sure will be on Mania 33. And the student wins of course, and maybe teaches the teacher something new. Need I say more.

5. Big Show vs Shaq
    Winner: Big Show
    Well, this is happening. I don't know what to say.

6. The Undertaker vs Braun Strowman
    Winner: The Undertaker
    Looks can say it all. That shot of Strowman watching Taker shows they will clash at some point. But, it's a sticky situation, do you have continue to dominate, or Taker continue his legacy? I say Taker wins if Braun can get his win back next ppv or something.

7. Roman Reigns (c) vs Samoa Joe - Universal Championship
    Winner: Samoa Joe
    That's right, I say Joe wins rumble. If his big plans are true, he will become the monster that runs Raw while also screaming FOLEY!!! all the time. Though, it's Reigns, and it is McMahon......no! Joe wins!

8. Charlotte Flair (c) vs Sahsa Banks vs Bayley vs Nia Jax - Raw Women's Championship
    Winner: Bayley
    Bayley pins Sasha, Sasha Bayley feud. Charlotte still unbeaten at ppvs and Jax still looks strong.

9. Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar
    Winner: Brock Lesnar
    They won't swerve us again right?....right?

10. AJ Styles (c) vs John Cena - WWE Championship
    Winner: John Cena
    A record moment on the grandest stage of them all. Yeah Cena has had his moment in the past, but will we see 16 world champions again, not for a while. Styles will get his moment eventually, and as a face hopefully.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  2. Leafer

Leafer MVP PICK'EM CHAMP

I don't this but winner of the RR will face the champion at Wrestlemania and obviously the WWE Championship would be picked. Soooooo.....Cena again?

3. Crossfit Jesus

Crossfit Jesus Legend 3

It would be cool to the Women to have a ladder match if they decide to use Summer Rae and Emma in some sort of capacity. Summer's being kept off TV cause of her injury as well as her trying to improve her in ring skills and Idek about Emma. If Joe is going to have that match with Roman he's gonna to have prove himself in the Rumble.

4. The Hanburglar

The Hanburglar Superstar 2

Well, my pick is for Joe to win the Rumble. Yeah it bugs me that it doens't main event, but that's not the big money match.
    Emma's not in WWE anymore :kappa. But in all seriousness, I'm not set on what else becomes the Universal title match. I guess my other option is Owens retains and maybe faces Jericho or Zayn who wins the Rumble, then Joe and Reigns have a normal 1v1 match. Anyways, WWE could shock all of us.

5. Crossfit Jesus

Crossfit Jesus Legend 3

I was thinking Zayn wins the Rumble jumps to SD Live and faces Styles for the title, Joe comes and costs Cena the title, enters the Rumble and then gets distracted from Cena which makes Joe get eliminated thus making Joe vs Cena.

6. Alvy

Alvy Hall of Famer 2

I think it's gonna be styles vs Joe

7. Crossfit Jesus

Crossfit Jesus Legend 3

Cena says he wants to work with Joe when Joe comes up to the main roster.

8. Alvy

Alvy Hall of Famer 2

I have Joe winning the title then defending it vs Cena at the next ppv