Your favourite horror movies(NO Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Television, Film, & Books' started by Ethan x 18, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Ethan x 18

Ethan x 18 Coach

For you people who like watching horror movies, I have a question. What are your favourite horror movies?

My favourites are.

1. The purge(1 and 2, haven't seen the 3rd so no spoilers please)
    2. Hush
    3. Insidious
    4. Cabin in the woods

2. Vinny

Vinny Coach LEGEND

I'm too much of a pussy to actually watch a scary movie. I guess Shutter Island is the closest thing to a horror movie that I've seen.

3. Ethan x 18

Ethan x 18 Coach

Lol. I really only watch horror movies when I sleep at my friends house or I don't wanna sleep.

4. BOGZ

BOGZ Guest

I'm an avid horror movie watcher and they are one of my favorite movie genres. My top 10 would probably have to be:

10. The Crazies
    9. The Cabin in the Woods
    8. Scream
    7. The Babadook
    6. Halloween (the original)
    5. 28 Days Later
    4. Alien
    3. The Thing
    2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original)
    1. The Shining

5. Ethan x 18

Ethan x 18 Coach

You should watch Hush(If you haven't seen it) make sure you close your windows after though lol.

6. PGen98

PGen98 Retired Relic LEGEND

I'm not a huge horror movie fan, and when I do watch I tend to go for the older films rather than today's "jump scare, jump scare, limbs lost, jump scare, end" films. The Shining was incredible, Texas Chainsaw Massacre is good, the Body Snatcher, Reanimator was good, basically anything with Vincent Price, and while I don't think it really counts as a horror film, but you can't really not like The Silence of the Lambs or Red Dragon.

Edit: Oh yeah, and It. Damn movie made me hate clowns...

7. Ethan x 18

Ethan x 18 Coach

I am not a big jump scare fan either(but who is?) It sounds scary and frankly anything with clowns is so I try and steer away from that.

8. Leafs

Leafs Hall of Famer 2 LEGEND

I never watch horror movies. I'm a bit of a ***** I guess, but I also just don't enjoy the ones I have watched too much. Guess it just isn't my taste.

9. Ethan x 18

Ethan x 18 Coach

I can't watch a horror movie alone, if I watch it with friends then I don't get as scared.

10. Leafs

Leafs Hall of Famer 2 LEGEND

True, cause then you can just joke around and keep it lighthearted as you watch. I've never watched a horror movie alone, only with friends late at night.

11. Ethan x 18

Ethan x 18 Coach

Yes. It may sound foolish but I never watch horror movies without a blank to cover my face in case some wacky jump scare happens or something, cause you never know. I have a projector at my house so it's even worse.

12. MasterMatt23

MasterMatt23 Hall of Famer 2

I've seen only one horror movie in my life. And it was so bad. Occasional lame jump scare with terrible character development, no plot and was honestly just a waste of time

13. Ethan x 18

Ethan x 18 Coach

Which won?

14. MasterMatt23

MasterMatt23 Hall of Famer 2

Paranormal Activity 3

15. Sans

Sans Legend 3

I am not a fan of horror movies, but I guess if I had to pick one it would be silence of the lams

16. MapleHawk

MapleHawk Legend 3 PICK'EM CHAMP LEGEND

I don't watch horror movies much solely because I hate gore. However back when I was 11 or 12, I tried watching American Horror Story only to have my parents pissed at me for seeing a girl stab another girl in the hand with lighted cigarette.

I'm a huge fan of Scream and I loved the Paranormal Activity series (as everyone thought we had ghosts in our school washroom).

17. PGen98

PGen98 Retired Relic LEGEND

This is only a footnote to this particular discussion, though it seems appropriately tied in, but horror movies also tend to have absolutely incredible soundtracks to them. Who doesn't know Tubular Bells thanks to the Exorcist, or Halloween's theme song? Some of the best, most haunting (pun semi-intended) music around, and also some of the most grotesque...

18. Ethan x 18

Ethan x 18 Coach

Cool, Paranormal Activity series really good, but kinda scary :lol I just had my friend over and we watched Insidious chapter two(already seen the first one) and damn I have had nightmares about that for three days straight. The jump scares are pretty bad.

19. John Tavares

John Tavares Hall of Famer 2

Scary movies can go fuck right off but if Shutter Island is considered one then yeah that

20. TuukkaRaskfan40

TuukkaRaskfan40 Commissioner

Alien, The Thing, The Shining, Nightmare on Elm Street, and I guess Predator (granted I'm on tge fence given the 1st half of the movie is more just 80's action cliches)